Dach der Invasion Japans in Korea kamen auch 3 Koreanische Keramiker 1604 nach Hagi. Unterdem Daimyo Mouri Terumoto (毛利輝元)
Hagi was named as the headquarters of the Mōri Clan in 1604 and a kiln was subsequently opened under the patronage of the Hagi (Chōshū) domain. It was situated in the east suburbs of Hagi castle town in Matsumoto. The potter Rishakkō who had been brought over from the Korean Peninsula to Japan was put in charge of the pottery to support the technical work of the potters.
In the first half of the 17th Century the son of Rishakkō, Yamamura Sakunojō (also known as Mitsumasa, or Shōan) led the work of the kiln along with his uncle, Saka Kōraizaemon (also known as Rikei and Sukehachi). However, in 1675 the son of Yamamura Sakunojō, Yamamura Mitsutoshi and his apprentices moved to Fukukawa (present day Fukawa Yumoto, Nagato City). With the cooperation of the proprietor, Sakakura Kurōuemon, they built a second domain kiln called the San’nose pottery. This pottery was managed in part as a collective and in part governmentally. The son of Kōraizaemon, Saka Sukehachi, headed the Hagi Matsumoto domain pottery. He added the first generation Saeki Hanroku (Sanekiyo) and the first generation Miwa Kyūsetsu (Toshisada) to his potters as advisor-craftsmen. As the production-power of the Hagi potteries increased, the quality of their pottery also rose. By the closing years of the Tokugawa Shogunate in the 19th Century, not only tasteful and refined tea bowls, but also many other tea ceremony utensils and small pottery items were being produced.
Following the Meiji Restoration, many production potters and studio potters were working in Hagi and the creation of pottery continued, with the focus on productivity as Japan modernized. With the beginning of the Taishō Era in 1912, the use of traditional materials and processes was revived and the production of tasteful and refined tea ceremony pottery became the main once more. This trend continued into the Showa Era and both before and after the Pacific War, studio potteries continued to prosper. Today, Hagi yaki is known as the definitive pottery of Japan.
Miwa Kyūwa (10th generation Kyūsetsu, 1895-1983) was certified as a Living National Treasure in 1970. Miwa Jūsetsu (11th generation Kyūsetsu, 1910-2012) was also awarded this accolade in 1983, and Yoshika Taibi (1915-1991) has been awarded the honor of Person of Cultural Merit. These accolades show the high value placed on Hagi yaki due to its historical and technical nature. (http://hagi-tougei.com/en/hagiyaki_about/)
Keramiker in Hagi
Seit 1663 existiert der Miwagama Brennofen in Hagi, 1682 ist der ofen an den heutigen Standort versetzt worden.
-Kyuwa MIWA (1895-1981) (1970 nat.S)
-Jusetsu MIWA 三輪壽雪 (1910 – 2012) (1983 nat.S)
Shinbei SAKAKURA XV
Er hat mit Kichizaemon XV aus der Rakufamilie in Kyoto zusammen die Technik der Handgebauten Teekeramik nach Hagi gebracht